The site team of our Mayfair project were commended for their exceptional site, winning silver in the recent Considerate Constructors Scheme 2020 National Site Awards. A very well-deserved congratulations to our Project Manager and to all the site team for the diligence, commitment and innovation which led to their recognition in these awards.
Our Mayfair project involves the restoration and conversion of a Grade II* listed 31,600 sqft Georgian townhouse, originally constructed in 1725, into a luxury family residence and a mews house with fine finishes over six storeys.
The Considerate Constructors Scheme is an organisation focused on raising standards in the construction industry, which assesses member sites based on criteria structured around the CCS code of conduct: caring about appearance, respecting the community, protecting the environment, securing everyone’s safety and valuing their workforce. Each year, the top performing registered sites are judged in the National Site Awards where the most outstanding are recognised.
Some of the ways in which the site impressed the site monitors and awards judges were:
• Strong fundraising culture and charity awareness with in excess of £11,600 raised for good causes over the site’s lifetime, including Sarcoma UK, Macmillan Cancer Support and Jeans for Genes.
• With Client permission, design workshops and tours of the site were held for the KLC School of Design.
• There are five first aiders on site, one being a mental health first aider. Relevant toolbox talks are given to operatives with rolling safety messages via a tv screen located within the site canteen.
• Exceptional safety performance.
• Carbon off-setting scheme working with Trees for Life, with carbon footprint reporting seen at company level.
• Segregation of waste to recycle for all elements within the site ranging from batteries to paper, as well as harvesting rainwater.
• Separate shower facilities were available on site for all to use.
• Close liaison with neighbours during noisy and disruptive works. Wherever possible, site requirements were altered to suit.