星期五, 10th 十月 2014
An insight into the history and ethos of our company
The story of Walter Lilly’s 90 year history is featured in issue 110 of the industry leading publication:
Established in 1924, Walter Lilly & Co Ltd has a 90-year tradition of providing highly acclaimed and specialised solutions to high-end construction projects.
The remarkable history of Walter Lilly & Co Ltd begins with a game of cards. The business was initially established when plumber Walter Gent Lilly won the freehold to a builder’s yard in St Ann’s Street located at the back of Westminster Abbey, London. Capitalising on his luck, Mr Lilly decided to go into business himself and the company has continued to grow with dedication to highquality and specialist works in prestige projects and science and education. In 1955 the Lilly family sold the business to its current owners the Y J Lovell Group, now known as Renew Holdings plc and in 2001 Walter Lilly consolidated its holdings to more suitable accommodation in Waddon near Croydon. 2014 has been a crucial milestone for the company with Walter Lilly continuing to trade under its own name after 90 years in operation and a further move to a new location, this time in central Croydon, which was completed in July.
See the full article: